Subject: Re: getting files

From: Eric Force <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 1995 00:10:36 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 8 Jan 1995, David W. Tamkin wrote:

> Eric Force posted something very similar to (perhaps based on) Adam
> Shostack's routines.  It should work for you.

Yes, David, you are correct, I just rooted back through the mounds
of paper I browsed through while trying to get our "filerserver"
working and the .procmailrc recipe I posted earlier *IS* Adam Shostack's. 

To Adam: Please accept my apology for not crediting you for a
marvelous piece of scripting.

Regards,

Eric

 =======================================================================
  |   Have a Great Day!  | FREE Crossword Puzzles via Email - Fun for |
  |      Eric Force      | All.  New Puzzles Daily. For Information:  |
  | [email-masked] |  -->   finger [email-masked]   <--    |
 =======================================================================

---

From: [email-masked] (jesse montrose)
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 1995 22:59:14 -0800

>	The uuencode might be done beforehand, saving you a lot of cpu
>cycles over time.

I'd considered that, but I need to keep it simple for non-technical users.
This way I can just tell them to put the files they want to make available
into thier info dir.
____________________________________________________________________________
jesse montrose           [email-masked] http://www.hooked.net/people/jesse/
                        I don't recycle.  I'm a consumer, damn it, I consume