Subject: Re: log

From: [email-masked] (David W. Tamkin)
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 1995 12:21:30 -0600 (CST)

| Currently my procmail log keeps 3 lines of info:
| -------------
|  From 
|   Subject: 
|   Folder:
| -------------
| 
| How may I let it show each excuted "folder" when there are more than one
| recipes apply to a mail, without turning "VERBOSE" on?

The LOGABSTRACT=all setting came in with 3.06 or 3.10.  It will log those
three lines for all *delivering* recipes (not filters, variable captures, or
brace entries).

LOGABSTRACT=yes records only the final delivery; LOGABSTRACT=no turns off
the feature entirely.

I find personally that From_, Subject:, and Folder: are not all the informa-
tion I want, so I include a formail command in the TRAP statement to log
additional headers.  In case anyone is curious, here's my TRAP setting:

TRAP='formail -XTo: -XCc: -XFrom: -XDate: -XReply-To: -XResent- -XSender: \
  -XX-Mailing  -XTag: -XX-Loop: -XApparently- -XX-Envelope- -IResent-Bcc: ; \
echo __________
"'