Subject: system mailbox permission changed to 600

From: Kevin Steves <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 1995 07:42:21 -0800

Procmail changes the permission on my system mailbox to 600 from 640
when it delivers mail there.  I tried setting UMASK=007 but the
behavior was the same.  Is there a way to prevent this?

stevesk@hpwcsvp$ procmail -v
procmail v3.10 1994/10/31 written and created by Stephen R. van den Berg
                                [email-masked]

[..]

Locking strategies:     dotlocking, fcntl()
Default rcfile:         $HOME/.procmailrc
System mailbox:         /usr/mail/$LOGNAME

-- 
Kevin Steves
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Stephen R. van den Berg)
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 1995 17:04:41 +0100

>behavior was the same.  Is there a way to prevent this?

If you're root, make sure procmail is setuid and setgid as "make recommended"
said.

If you're not root, chmod 740 /usr/mail/stevesk

-- 
Sincerely,                                  [email-masked]
           Stephen R. van den Berg (AKA BuGless).

The eleventh commandment: Thou shalt not re-curse!