Subject: Re: Folder is corrupt!! error messages

From: [email-masked] (David W. Tamkin)
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 1994 16:17:08 -0500 (CDT)

David Vrona asked,

| I'll be in elm reading mail and at the main menu notice that new mail is
| about to arrive.  Suddenly, I'm dropped out of elm with the following
| message:
| 
| Folder is corrupt!!  I can't read it!!
| 
| I get back into elm and everything is fine.  It doesn't appear that I have
| lost anything but I can't be sure about any new mail that was showing up.
| 
| This never happened pre-procmail.  Have I misconfigured something?

That has happened to me while reading alternate folders, but never yet while
reading $MAIL.  I think it occurs if Elm tries to read the folder during
procmail's pause after it writes the 'F' of 'From ' and finds that the folder
doesn't end with a newline.  By the time one re-enters Elm, procmail is done
appending the new message and the folder meets with Elm's approval again.

David W. Tamkin  P. O. Box 3284  Skokie IL  60076-6284
[email-masked]   MCI Mail: 426-1818   +1 312 714 5610

---

From: [email-masked] (David Vrona)
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 1994 19:17:19 -0500 (CDT)

> appending the new message and the folder meets with Elm's approval again.

The problem has become chronic.  Is there something I can do in procmail to
remedy this situation?

dave

-- 
 David Vrona N9QNZ           +1 708 367 1870 (voice)  Internet: [email-masked]
 Computing Engineers Inc.    +1 708 367 1871 (data)  +1 708 367 1872 (fax)
 Home of WorldWide Access (SM), Internet services for the Chicagoland area.
 Send e-mail to [email-masked] for information, or call +1 708 367 1871 (data).