Subject: How do i do this sort?

From: [email-masked] (Laurent Duperval)
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 1995 09:19:34 -0400

Hi all,

I keep a log of all mail I send out.  The file is getting rather big and
I'd like to split it into various files.  I would like the split to be
done like so:

Mail/Year/Month/recipient

automagically.  Is there a way to do this with procmail?  I would like it
either to be done automatically when I send a message or on demand.  If
possible, I would like the message to be duplicated for all recipients.  For
example,

To: foo,bar
Date: 17 Mar 1995
Cc: foobar
Bcc: barfoo

would create 4 files:

Mail/1995/Mar[ch]/foo
Mail/1995/Mar[ch]/bar
Mail/1995/Mar[ch]/foobar
Mail/1995/Mar[ch]/barfoo

Does anyone have a good idea for this?  Or am I being a little ambitious?

-- 
Laurent Duperval                        Grafnetix Systems Inc.
Tel: (514) 861-3389                     777, de la Commune Ouest
Fax: (514) 866-6206                     Suite 101, Montreal, Qc
[email-masked]                Canada, H3C 1Y1

---

From: [email-masked] (David W. Tamkin)
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 1995 10:26:13 -0500 (CDT)

Laurent Duperval asked,

| I keep a log of all mail I send out.  The file is getting rather big and
| I'd like to split it into various files.  I would like the split to be
| done like so:
| 
| Mail/Year/Month/recipient
| 
| automagically.  Is there a way to do this with procmail?  I would like it
| either to be done automatically when I send a message or on demand.

The mailstat script that is part of the procmail package can probably take
care of most of what you want.