Subject: decode MIME eMail

From: [email-masked] (Oliver Wrede)
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 1995 21:54:25 +0000

Hello,

can somebody give me some hints upon how to decode a MIME message into
seperate files? Is it possible to save those with the embedded filenames
into a specific directory with procmail?

I need this for both processing and post-processing of a mailbox with procmail.

Oliver
---
. Oliver Wrede . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . [email-masked] .
. Academy of Media Arts Cologne  . . . . . .  http://www.khm.uni-koeln.de/ .
. Dept. of Design, Cologne Polytechnic . . . http://www.fh-koeln.de/fb-ds/ .

---

From: Jochen Friedrich <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 1995 10:25:48 +0100 (MEZ)

Hi Oliver,

> into a specific directory with procmail?

This should be possible with munpack, a simple MIME decode utility which 
can decode uuencoded files, BASE64 and QP. munpack can be downloaded via 
anonymous FTP from ftp.andrew.cmu.edu:pub/mpack/

Cheers,
Jochen

---

From: Roman Czyborra <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 1995 11:27:30 +0100

> seperate files?

metamail, munpack or pine can do this.

> Is it possible to save those with the embedded filenames

It would be possible if formail could split MIME multiparts like

	formail -mm -s procmail mimefilerc