Subject: Re: send information

From: Jon Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 May 1995 21:10:54 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 2 May 1995, Stephen R. van den Berg wrote:

> Can be used to create mail-servers, mailing lists, sort your incoming mail
> into separate folders/files (real convenient when subscribing to one or more

I recently wrote a real time WWW guest book that relies on procmail to
filter messages destined for the guest book.  For anyone interested, check
out

http://inorganic5/cgi-bin/twall3.cgi?jlewis?/home/jlewis/public_html/guestbook

Boy that's a long URL.  The info page gives proper credit and a plug for 
procmail and has a link to the home ftp site of procmail.

------------------------------------------------------------------
 Jon Lewis                      |  Mime attachments are OK
 [email-masked] |  But please ask before sending 
 http://inorganic5.chem.ufl.edu |  unsolicited huge files.
                                |  
_____Finger [email-masked] for PGP public key_____

---

From: Jon Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 May 1995 23:50:56 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 2 May 1995, Zhiliang Hu wrote:

> At  9:10 PM 5/2/95 -0400, Jon Lewis wrote:
> 
>         ~~~~~~~~~~
>    This URL does not have a valid address ;-)

I've gotten two replies already telling me about my carelessness in 
posting the above URL.  I cut/pasted it from the netscape location 
window, and since it's within my subnet, I never use the fqdn...I just 
forgot to add it in before sending the message off.  Obviously, as you 
might guess from my .sig, inorganic5 is inorganic5.chem.ufl.edu...so the 
full URL should be:

http://inorganic5.chem.ufl.edu/cgi-bin/twall3.cgi?jlewis?/home/
jlewis/public_html/guestbook

of course that has to all be on one line.  Anyone know what the max 
length for a URL is?  I just took a quick look at the apache source, and 
it looks like it may actually be just under 8kb.