Subject: Re: double-destination stuff

From: [email-masked] (Stephen R. van den Berg)
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 1994 20:38:46 +0200

Jonathan Rochkind <[email-masked]> wrote:
>If mail comes in with the subject of "Results from [person]",
> where person can be
>anything, then the mail gets written to a specific folder
>in a file with the same name as the subject of the message.
>The mail _also_ gets sent to the spool file, it needs to be
>put in both places.

How about:

	:0
	* ^Subject: Results from [a-z]
	{
	         :0 h
	  FOLDER=| sed -n -e 's/^Subject: Results from \([^ ][^ ]*\).*$/\1/p'

	  :0 c
	  $FOLDER
	}

There are of course a dozen other ways to solve this as well.

>This shouldn't be too complicated, I don't think, but the whole procmailrc
>format is somewhat confusing to me.

Did you take a look at the procmailex man page examples?  It usually is
more than sufficient to get up to speed.

-- 
Sincerely,                                  [email-masked]
           Stephen R. van den Berg (AKA BuGless).

"Always look on the bright side of life!"