Subject: Re: .forward or ...?

From: [email-masked] (Stephen R. van den Berg)
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 1995 13:40:15 +0100

Zhiliang Hu <[email-masked]> wrote:
>Could anyone enlight me what kind of error is this?

>  ----- Transcript of session follows -----
>getwd: can't stat .
>554 "|IFS=' ';exec /home/aeic-nr/bin/procmail #aeic-nr"... unknown mailer error
>1

Ask your sysadmin to change the Mprog mailer in the sendmail.cf file
back to /bin/sh instead of /bin/csh.

This error usually occurs when the csh is the program mailer because
the csh insists on finding out its current directory name on startup.
Since, by default, the program mailer is being started from the
same directory as sendmail (which usually is /usr/spool/mqueue), and
since /usr/spool/mqueue is only searchable by root, the csh complains.

-- 
Sincerely,                                  [email-masked]
           Stephen R. van den Berg (AKA BuGless).

Time is nature's way of making sure everything doesn't happen at once.