Subject: Re: Creating a basic auto-responder.

From: [email-masked] (Michael Ghens)
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 1994 11:18:22 -0800

At 12:52 PM 12/23/94 -0500, Jonathan Cooper wrote:
>I want to create a basic auto-responder using procmail that will allow 
>people to:
>
>   mail me with the Subject: <filename I allow> to return a copy of that 
>      file by e-mail.
>   mail me with the Subject: finger to return the output of a perl program
>      that fingers me, since localhost doesn't allow incoming fingers.
>
>Can anyone recommend a better guide to procmail recipes than the procmail 
>man pages?  They've been very little help in this endeavour.  Ultimately, 
>I'd like it to mail me a copy of their request as well...
>
>-jon
>( --------[ Jonathan D. Cooper ]--------[ [email-masked] ]-------- )
>( PGP 2.6.2 keyprint: 31 50 8F 82 B9 79 ED C4  5B 12 A0 35 E0 9B C0 01 )
>( home page: http://hyperreal.com/~entropy/ ]-------[ Key-ID: 4082CCB5 )
>
>

This is my basic autoresponder/file server....

:0 h c 
* !^FROM_DAEMON
* !^Subject:.*Re:
* !^X-Loop: [email-masked]
* ^Subject:.*GET KEY 
| (formail -r -A"X-Loop: [email-masked]" ; \
	cat .signature sig.asc) | /usr/lib/sendmail -oi -t
------------------------------------------------------------------------
|Michael Ghens            |Small Business Support|                     |
|Computer Consultant      |Computer Services     |                     |
|Internet: [email-masked]|Bookkeeping           |                     |
|                         |Taxes                 |                     |
------------------------------------------------------------------------
|pgp public on: [email-masked]    | www: http://www.rain.org/~mghens   |
========================================================================