Subject: gnus as mailreader, question

From: Joe Hildebrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 1994 12:58:54 -0400

> "Joe" == Joe Hildebrand <[email-masked]> writes:

   Joe> OK.  I added the line

   Message-Id> <[email-masked]>

   Joe> to the message, and everything is cool.  Who is supposed to be
   Joe> putting this header on?  I guess I can automatically insert
   Joe> one with formail.  Does anyone have an idea how to generate
   Joe> good, unique message ids?  This seems like something that
   Joe> sendmail ought to do.

I solved my own question.  It really wasn't that hard.  I now have the
line:

:0f
| formail -a Message-Id: -a "Subject: (None)"

in my .procmailrc.  Formail generates what looks like a good message
id header automatically.  The subject field also needs to be added, if
it isn't there, so that GNUS won't barf.

-- 
Joe Hildebrand                  Fuentez Systems Concepts
[email-masked]              11781 Lee-Jackson Hwy, Suite 700
Software Engineer               Fairfax, VA 22033
                                Phone:    (703)273-1447   
                                Fax:      (703)273-2972
                                PGPprint: 0x06C96661

Standard disclaimers apply