Subject: Revised: How do I bounce messages from procmail?

From: Hsu_Christine/[email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 94 11:06:08 -0700

Okay-- based on the info just sent from Adam, I did another test.

What I'm actually trying to do is forward (bounce) mail from SMTP mail
to Openmail, and some kind of translation seems to be occurring so that
the mail will appear to have come from me-- maybe it is adding a From:
header and reading that one instead of the original one.  I tried
forwarding to a different account (non-OpenMail), and it did forward it
the way I want it to.

This is what is in my .procmailrc file:

:0:
* [email-masked]
procmail_list

:0:
* [email-masked]
saturn_list

:0:
!hsu_christine/[email-masked]

Does anyone out there have experience with forwarding to an OpenMail
account?  Thanks!

-Christine Hsu

---

From: Adam Shostack <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 94 14:19:00 EDT

You wrote:

| Okay-- based on the info just sent from Adam, I did another test.
| 
| What I'm actually trying to do is forward (bounce) mail from SMTP mail
| to Openmail, and some kind of translation seems to be occurring so that
| the mail will appear to have come from me-- maybe it is adding a From:
| header and reading that one instead of the original one.  I tried
| forwarding to a different account (non-OpenMail), and it did forward it
| the way I want it to.

| :0:
| !hsu_christine/[email-masked]

	formail will allow you to muck with headers extensively, but
you'll need to know what header openmail is noticing to decide the
mail is from you.  I'd talk to the gateway administrator if possible,
to get advice from someone who knows openmail.  Then we can help you
rewrite the header thats causing the problem.

Adam