Subject: Re: Beginner's intro

From: Roman Czyborra <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 1994 16:15:24 +0200

>    Mail from one list (we'll call it list A -- not it's real name) I
>    would like saved in ~/mailfiles/A, and I don't want to see it

	::
	^Resent-From: A$
	mailfiles/A

>    Mail from list B I want saved (auto-archived?) so that, after
>    reading it in RMAIL, I can just delete the message.

	:c:
	^Resent-From: B$
	B

>    Mail from list C I want to auto-archive and forward to several
>    folks here (internal repeater?), and I still want to be able to
>    read it and just delete it.

	:c
	^Resent-From: C$
	! ernie bert oscar

> Which of the documents should I be reading more closely?

The procmailrc manual page would tell you all about it, especially
about the c flag which copies the mail (to your archive or your
friends) and continues processing until the default action of dropping
your mail in your mailbox where Rmail shall find it.

> Is RMAIL just a terrible MUA?  It doesn't seem like it will co-exist
> with procmail very well.

Rmail's Babyl format and Emacs' file locking are quite odd indeed, you
might want to check out the Emacs' VM mail reader, it is a lot more
flexible than Rmail.