Subject: taking part of headers

From: "Peter Stark Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 1995 19:50:30 -0500 (EST)

As you know I am trying to set up my account to get files for people and 
send it to them. Two of you sent me scripts. I tried Eric Force's script 
that he had form Adam. One line doesn't work for me. Here is the script 
again:

          :0 c
          * !^X-Loop: [email-masked]
          * !^Subject:.*Re:
          * !^FROM_DAEMON
          * ^Subject:.*send
          {
            MAILDIR=$HOME/fileserver   # chdir to the fileserver directory

            :0 h             # extract the requested filename(s)
------------> FILES=| sed -n -e 's/^Subject:.*send \(.*\)/\1/p'

            :0 f                # reverse the mailheader
            | formail -rA "X-Loop: [email-masked]"

            :0
            | (cat; cat $FILES) | $SENDMAIL -oi -t
           
          }

The line with the arrow moving ppart of the subject doesn't work. What 
does Sed do? Whatever it does, my procmail version, which is presently 
getting upgraded to 3.10, doesn't do it. I keep getting errors saying 
skipping "-n -e ..." Meanwhile what goes into $FILES only happens to be a |.
Therefore it sends a copy of an empty message to the account the 
origional message came from and the person who the message was to. Both 
blank. Is there other ways of getting the word next to send...which is 
the filename?

THanks.

Peter Stark