Subject: emacs gnus-mail expunge

From: [email-masked] (Jonathan Doughty)
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 1994 13:59:01 +0500

Not really procmail specific, but...

I finally got tired of the differences between emacs' gnus and vm and some
of vm's nuances.  So I decided to try the gnus-as-mail solution that was
proposed here quite some time ago.  I think I'll like the result but
before I take the plunge completely and 'formail -s' all my old VM-style
mail drops, I can see that I'll want to be able to expunge 'articles' from
the new 'mail-as-news' MH-style directories.

> "Joe" == Joe Hildebrand <[email-masked]> said:

Joe> I have some routines that delete and move mail between boxes, but I
Joe> lost the source, so all I have is the .elc file :).  Let me know if
Joe> you get desperate.  Some day I will re-invent the wheel.

Has anyone else trod this path of being able to expunge mail from such
gnus boxes?  Alternately, Joe, if you haven't re-invented the wheel yet, I
volunteer to take a stab at it.  Or mail me the .elc file and I'll
reverse-engineer it and post the results.

Thanks,
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jonathan Doughty          The MITRE Corporation          [email-masked]

---

From: Robert Nicholson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 1994 19:14:26 GMT

[NOTE: This is an automatically generated copy of a followup to your article]

>>"Joe" == Joe Hildebrand <[email-masked]> said:

Joe>I have some routines that delete and move mail between boxes, but I
Joe>lost the source, so all I have is the .elc file :).  Let me know if
Joe>you get desperate.  Some day I will re-invent the wheel.

>Thanks,

For the record with my solution I use Elm for mailbox management. I
archive the mail from GNUS in unix mailbox format and that's it
really.

I've even hacked mail2news recently so that it maintains the
"Received:" headers by converting them to X-Received. Way cool.