Subject: Forwarding mail to one of two machines

From: Mark Bynum <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 1995 22:49:39 -0500 (EST)

I am trying to use procmail in my own directory as just a user. Since we have
sun3, sun4, and other architectures I may not know about in our department I
would like all mail forwarded to mainly one machine (nu, our mail server).
However since I can't login to nu (i.e. they are real security conscious and
all regular users' shells on this machine point to a nologin shell which
displays a message and logs you out) I have procmail forward any mail that
requires an exec to occur to another machine (sed) which does this. The
forwarding to the second machine and execing the process works, however my
question deals with the forward file.

To forward mail to nu, if not at nu or sed here is what I have in my .forward
file:

"|IFS=' ';if test .[`/bin/uname -n` = "nu" -o `/bin/uname -n` = "sed"]  ; then
exec /home/cs36/bynum/bin/sun4/procmail; else exec /usr/lib/sendmail -oi
[email-masked]; fi"

I got this from the docs. The original that uses the same syntax as 
this is the only .forward file that works on my machine. Can anyone tell me
what the problem is? Is there an easier way?

Please send me a copy of the response since I am not on the mailing list.

Thanks,
Mark Bynum

[email-masked]