Subject: Re: autoreply header questions

From: [email-masked] (David W. Tamkin)
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 1994 22:02:08 -0600 (CST)

I wrote,

| $HOME/.stripsubrc would contain something like this:
| 
|   :0
|   * NEWSUBJ ?? \ *Re *([[(][0-9]+[])] *)?: *\/[^ ].*
|   { NEWSUBJ = $MATCH  INCLUDERC = $_ }

Oops.  The leading "\ *" is totally superfluous, isn't it?  The trailing
.* is needed to get the rest of the old value of $NEWSUBJ into $MATCH.

Also, my suggestion didn't allow for a continuation line in the Subject:
header.  If that's a problem, one can start with 

OLDSUBJ=`formail -zcx Subject:`

or, better, finish all the match expressions with

  \/[^ ].*$([ 	].*$)*

where the second pair of brackets enclose a space and a tab, instead of just
[^ ].* as I had written.

(Stephen's and Roman's being on vacation at the same time is a problem when
 we need experts to figure these things out for us.)

David W. Tamkin  Box 3284  Skokie, Illinois  60076-6284
[email-masked]    MCI Mail: 426-1818   +1 312 714 5610