Subject: How to bounce the mail correctly?

From: [email-masked] (Igor Chudov)
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 1995 16:59:48 -0600 (CST)

Hi friends,

I am writing a little perl script that I am going to call from procmail to
put the incoming mail to the specified mailbox. The purpose of this script 
is to prevent mailbombing, that is, overflowing mailbox and filesystem
with unsolicited mail. I want to make this script available for public use.

To deal with errors in environment and mailbombing I need to be able to
bounce the mail back. How to do it correctly? Now I see only two options:
to use formail along with sendmail or to send SIGINT to procmail. 

Somehow, I do not like both. Can I exit from my script with a certain exit
code (say, 75), to make procmail bounce the mail back? 

Thanks,

	- Igor.

---

From: Roman Czyborra <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 1995 12:56:15 +0100 (MET)

> Can I exit from my script with a certain exit

Read /usr/include/sysexits.h, 75 would requeue your mail for a later
retry. The following might work:

	:
	*^^From [email-masked]
	{
		LOG="Stop mailbombing me! "
		EXITCODE=69
		HOST=done
	}