Subject: anyone use tpage (sendpage) with procmail?

From: Tom DeNapoli <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 May 1995 17:11:31 -0400

I've just got tpage up and running and would like to dovetail it with
procmail.  I'm not a procmail user currently.  I use GNU emacs (RMAIL) to
read/file email.  I'd like to simply filter off email that matches a given
critera, subject line or some such, and send it or some part of it to my
pager.  Has anyone here accomplished this in the environment listed above, or
one similar? 

I'd be very interested in seeing recipes for tpage and or RMAIL.

tia,
-Tom 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 Tom DeNapoli                   Voice:    +1 508 460 2210
 Isis Distributed Systems       Internet: [email-masked]
 55 Fairbanks Blvd.		Fax:	  +1 508 481 9274
 Marlboro, MA 01752

---

From: James Dryfoos <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 May 95 22:18:35 -0400

> I'd be very interested in seeing recipes for tpage and or RMAIL.

What you ask for is quite simple.  In fact, it does not matter what mail 
reader you use as procmail works at a lower level.  Here is an example 
from my .procmailrc file which sends anything with the text "Ping of" in 
the subject (a little ping tester generates the mail) to my 
pager using tpage:

#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------# Page me when receive mail from pingtest.scr
:0 c:
*^Subject:[\t ]Ping of
| /usr/local/tpage/bin/tpage -m dryfoos -
  :0 A
  $DEFAULT

This mail also goes to my mailbox ($DEFAULT).  In this example I can use 
the id dryfoos to tpage as it has been setup in the table database for 
tpage.

Good luck,

  -- Jim

==========================================================================
     James D. Dryfoos (JD243)           | mailto:[email-masked]
     MIT Lincoln Laboratory, Group 28   |
     244 Wood Street, MailStop: B-120   | (617) 981-2008 - office
     Lexington, MA 02173-9108, Earth    | (617) 981-0782 - fax
==========================================================================