Subject: regexp size (forwarded to list)

From: [email-masked] (Don Walker)
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 1994 16:34:08 -0400

----- Begin Included Message -----

>From [email-masked]  Fri Oct 14 13:00:51 1994
From: [email-masked] (Stephen R. van den Berg)
To: [email-masked] (Don Walker)
Subject: regexp size

Don Walker <[email-masked]> wrote:
>The one question that I have left on this subject is whether there is
>any limit on the size of regexp patterns other than the LINEBUF size.
>My throw-away pattern is continuing to grow  (it is now 220 chars) and
>this may become an issue in the future.

No, there is no limit.  Just make sure that the sourcetext size of the entire
regexp stays below LINEBUF (or raise LINEBUF if appropriate).

-- 
Sincerely,                                  [email-masked]
           Stephen R. van den Berg (AKA BuGless).

"Listen very carefully, I shall only say this once."

----- End Included Message -----