Subject: MH numbers

From: Per Abrahamsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 1995 20:55:47 +0100

I have set up procmail to deliver all my mail in MH folders.

I would like procmail to remember what the last number it used was,
and use that to calculate the next number.

The problem is that currently it just uses the lowest available
number, which might be lower than (or equal to) the last number it
used if I have deleted some messages meanwhile.

This cause trouble when using a newsreader (I use (ding) Gnus) to read
the mail, since newsreaders keep track of which "articles" you have
already read.  When procmail recycle the numbers, I never see the new
mails.

---

From: Joe Gross <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 1995 21:27:36 -0600

> already read.  When procmail recycle the numbers, I never see the new

here's a sample mailing list entry:

:
* [email-masked] 
| /usr/local/lib/mh/rcvstore +procmail

you'll have to set up mh (or at least that one part of mh) to make it work
right.

--
Joe Gross        | University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
[email-masked]  | <a href=http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/jgross>me</a>
=================| finger for pgp public key