Subject: procmail as Mailrobot?

From: [email-masked] (Oliver Wrede)
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 1995 20:38:58 GMT

Hello,

I want to use procmail as a mail robot program. Does anyone use procmail for
this? I want to give automated help files and generate HTML pages with
contributions send in via E-Mail. My man page of procmail is corrupt. Does
anybody know if there is a HTML documentaion available?

Oliver

 . oliver wrede  . . . . . . . . . . . . [email-masked] . 
 . academy of media arts . cologne . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
 . fb design of fh cologne . . . . . . . . .  (nextmail welcome) .
 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . http://www.khm.uni-koeln.de/~owrede .

---

From: the mole <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 1995 18:43:58 -0800 (PST)

>  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . http://www.khm.uni-koeln.de/~owrede .
Hi!

I have this in my .procmailrc:

:0b
* ^From: .*de-news
|cat > $HOME/public_html/local/de-news; tcsh $HOME/news

the body of mail send from de-news is directed to a file, the shell 
script 'news' adds a proper HTML-header and footer (after erasing the old 
page):

#!/usr/local/bin/tcsh

rm -f $HOME/public_html/local/news.html
cat $HOME/header > $HOME/public_html/local/news.html
echo "Received via email: `date`" >> $HOME/public_html/local/news.html
echo " " >> $HOME/public_html/local/news.html
cat $HOME/public_html/local/de-news >> $HOME/public_html/local/news.html
cat $HOME/footer >> $HOME/public_html/local/news.html
rm -f $HOME/public_html/local/de-news

It works alright, but when I check manually the file de-news is still 
around, any explanations, anybody?

tm
--
     /
__  __/   __  __                                                the mole
   /     /   /   /                          [email-masked]
__/   __/ __/ __/    http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~markusg/theburrow.html

---

From: Mark Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 1995 22:58:09 -0800 (PST)

As for filtering the incoming mail to HTML, just pipe it to Hypermail 
which will create an HTML document out of standard Unix mail.

Check out:	http://www.eit.com/software/hypermail

Mark

-- 
Mark Anderson   [email-masked]