Subject: How to create auto-reply?

From: Bosco Tsang <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 95 11:34:11 HKT

Hi all,

I am trying to create an auto-reply script so that all incoming mail to our
department will be replied automatically, before forwarding to my personal
mail box. But my script is not working. No error messages, but also not
sending out the reply file. Here is what I wrote on my
.procmailrc file,

:0 h c
* !^FROM_DAEMON
* !^From +geog@ctsc
| (formail -r -A"Precedence: junk";\
  cat /userhome/geog/email.rep) | $SENDMAIL -t

Can anyone tell me what's wrong with it, and how can I make it work?

Thanks and regards,
Bosco.

-- 
/=======================================================================
| Bosco Tsang  | Department of Geography, Hong Kong Baptist University |
| 224 Waterloo Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong                                |
| Phone: (852)2339-7185 (w/voice mailbox)          Fax: (852)2338-6005 |
|------------------------------ E-MAILS -------------------------------|
| Campus: [email-masked]        GEOG Dept: [email-masked] |
| CWOL-HKG (Co-SysOp, Geo*):       [email-masked] |
=======================================================================/