Subject: procmail/C-Client kernel locking

From: Kevin Steves <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 1995 07:15:39 -0800

Is procmail folder locking compatible with Pine C-Client locking when
neither can get a .lock lock on the mail spool folder
(/usr/mail/$LOGNAME.lock in my case)?

Pine 3.91 imap/C-Client

and 

$ ./procmail -v
procmail v3.10 1994/10/31 written and created by Stephen R. van den Berg
                                [email-masked]

[..]

Locking strategies:     dotlocking, fcntl()
Default rcfile:         $HOME/.procmailrc
System mailbox:         /usr/mail/$LOGNAME

-- 
Kevin Steves
[email-masked]

---

From: Roman Czyborra <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 1995 04:50:19 +0100

> neither can get a .lock lock on the mail spool folder?

I don't know anything about HP-UX, whether it has a trace command or not,
but c-client has provisions for fcntl in flock.c and fcntl.h is included 
by os_hpp.h, so it smells safe.