Subject: Re: PASS_BODY fails

From: [email-masked] (David W. Tamkin)
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 1995 21:26:12 -0600 (CST)

Robert Kerns wrote,

| And here I thought perhaps in 3.10 (which I haven't installed yet),
| flags had been given descriptive names which could be used instead.
| 
| Well, maybe his mistake should be implemented.  I'm always forgetting
| hb vs HB!

You could already do that if you wanted to.  At the top of your .procmailrc,
put assignments like these:

IF_THAT_MATCHED=A  SEARCH_BODY=B  WATCH_CASE=D  ONLY_IF_THAT_DIDNT_MATCH=E
SEARCH_HEAD=H  WAIT_QUIETLY=W  IF_THAT_SUCCEEDED=a  PASS_BODY=b  CARBON_COPY=c
ONLY_IF_THAT_FAILED=e  FILTER=f  PASS_HEAD=h  PIPE_DOESNT_READ_STDIN=i
RAW_MODE=r  WAIT_FOR_EXIT=w

(not a perfect description of `A' but close enough).  Then

  :0 $PASS_BODY $CARBON_COPY

would work the same as 

   :0bc

I wonder if you could go so far as LOCAL_LOCKFILE_IS=":".